Monday, November 28, 2011

One Year to Disney review

One Year to Disney
November 26, 2011

Stanley Seagull
by Leslie

Stanley Seagull by Cathy Mazur is a very cute book! I originally got it to read to my daughter. But, I think it's a bit over her head. She's five and she likes a book with cadence, rhyme and rhythm. This book has more of a moral story to it. I would say this is more of a book for a child in elementary school. Stanley learns that there's no place like home. It would be a cute book paired with watching the Wizard of Oz in a thematic unit in a classroom in perhaps a 2nd or 3rd grade.

If you're looking for an enjoyable book for this age range, I highly recommend. It's cute, an easy read, and a sweet little moral at the end. There's even a Stanley Seagull Facebook!! Check it out, I promise, you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment